EL TUITO ANNOUNCES DAY OF THE DEAD FESTIVAL
29th October 2021
At national level, the Day of the Dead is one of the richest celebrations in tradition and culture. This Mexican festivity honors deceased people with colorful offerings and a lot of folklore, thus welcoming them from the underworld.
This celebration has been declared an Intangible Cultural Heritage by UNESCO, being internationally recognized for everything it entails, included its altars, parades, verbena and mysticism.
This Monday, November 1st, 2021, El Tuito will hold the following series of activities to join this Mexican tradition:
- Altars Exhibition (starting at 2:00pm)
- Catrinas and Skulls Parade (7:00pm)
- Presentation of the Mariachi Mayahuel (8:00pm)
- Children’s Costumes Contest and Prize-Giving Ceremony (8:30pm)
- Presentation of the Folkloric Ballet of Tomatlán (9:00pm)
- Presentation of the Tiult Children’s Folkloric Ballet (9:30pm)
- Tasting of Pan de Muerto for the Assistants
All these activities will take place at the main square of the town (El Tuito is located just an hour’s drive south of Puerto Vallarta’s El Centro).
Visit their social networks for more details.