5+ FUNNY FACTS ABOUT THE CUALE RIVER
December 28, 2021
The Cuale River is one of the seven rivers that has a starting point in the Sierra Madre Occidental mountains and flow into the Banderas Bay. One of its many peculiarities is that it divides the city of Puerto Vallarta in two, leaving El Centro to the north and the Romantic Zone to the south.
To learn a little more about this beautiful river, below we present a series of funny facts:
- The Cuale River has is headwater in the heart of the Sierra El Cuale, approximately 2,500 meters above sea level.
- About 5 km from its starting point, on its riverbanks, is a small mining town called El Cuale.
- The path of the Cuale River is very rugged and runs through deep ravines.
- This river belongs to the hydrological region of Huicicila.
- After a total path of 35 – 40 kilometers, the Cuale River empties into the Pacific, in the Puerto Vallarta’s downtown.
Did you know any of these funny facts?